What is class K permit in Kenya?
A Class K or ordinary Permit in Kenya is an immigration Permit issued to Foreign nationals wishing to reside in Kenya without engaging in any trade or employment.
A Class K permit is generally referred to as a retirement or Ordinary permit.
“An Class K Permit gives legal status to foreign nationals wishing to reside or retire in Kenya”
Requirements for application of a Class K permit in Kenya
- 1. Cover Letter of the applicant.
- 2. Copy of current Passport of the applicant.
- 3. Passport photo of the applicant.
- 4. Proof of income not less that USD 25,000 annually, This can be in form of a pension, investment, fixed deposit, bank account statement, Property income, shares and stocks etc.
- 5. Contact information of the applicant. Email addresses, Telephone number, Postal address, proposed residential address in Kenya,
- 6. Physical address of the company and Residential address of the applicant.
The Key pointer of a Class K permit is the applicant has to be above 35 years of age and show evidence of sufficient funds to sustain himself in Kenya..
How to apply for a Class K permit in Kenya
Upon compilation of the requirements. We shall fill out the Class K permit application form 25 and submit the application for processing, clearance and approval.
How much is a Class K permit in Kenya?
A Class K permit in Kenya costs as follows
- Application fee Kshs 10,000.
- Upon approval Kshs 100,000 per year.
- Security Bond Worth Kshs 100,000.
- East Africa Citizens is Gratis.