Limited Company registration in Uganda.
Uganda is a vibrant business hub in East Africa and is an Investor friendly Country.
At B & I East Africa We provide fast, reliable and credible company registration services in Uganda. We make your incorporation process in Uganda flawless and simple.
How to register a company in Uganda.
At B & I East Africa, we provide you with front to end, reliable company registration services in Uganda. Set out below are the requirements of company incorporation in Uganda
- 1. Name Search. Search for a company name from the URSB. It is advisable to select several alternative names in order of priority for search and reservation.
- 2.Board resolution to incorporate a company.
- 3. Drafting of the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- 4. Application for registration. - The application forms are then launched with the URSB.
- 5. Registration and issuance of certificate of Incorporation.
- 6. Apply for a Tin. Tax invoice number from Uganda revenue authority;
Requirements for registering a company Uganda?
- Reservation of Name Form.
- Form No A1. Statement of Nominal Capital: This sets out the share capital of the company and stamp duty is payable at 0.5% of the share capital of the company.
- Form for registration of a Company.
- Notice of situation of registered office and postal address of a company. Form 18
- Company Form 20. Particulars of Directors and Secretaries of the company.
- Form A2. Declaration of Compliance with the requirements of the Companies Act.
Other requirements include
- Nature of business and objectives of the company.
- Names of the Directors of the company.
- Names of the shareholders if different from the directors.
- Proposed physical address of the company.
- Contact information of the directors and shareholders - Email address, Telephone number, postal address and residential addresses.
- Division of shares between the shareholders of the company.
- Scans of Passport Bio-data and passport photo of directors and shareholders.
- Nominal capital of the company.
Procedure for company registration in Uganda.
To register a company in Uganda the following steps are used.
- 1. Name search and reservation by the Registrar of Companies
- 2. Drafting and Preparation of memorandum and articles of association of the company.
- 3. Execution of the prescribed company application forms, Declaration of Compliance, Statement of Nominal Capital, Notice of Registered Address, Particulars of Directors and Secretary.
- 4. Payment of stamp duty (0.5%) on nominal capital and registration fees.
- 5. Incorporation of the company
Can a foreigner register a company in Uganda?
Any foreign national can register a company in Uganda. You shall however be required to obtain a TIN for ease of registration and compliance.
How much does it cost to register a company in Uganda?
The basic Cost for a fully compliant company inducing the following
- Application and registration.
- Tax TIN registration.
- Trade License.
- Bank account
“Company registration in Uganda is processed under the umbrella of the URSB .”
We also provide a whole range of post registration services to our clients.
- Foreign director TIN
- Company TIN
- Bank account processing
A TIN is a Tax Identification Number is necessary for individuals and companies to open bank account and other compliance.
How can I check if a company is registered in Uganda?
To carry on an official search for company records in Uganda is done at the URSB registry.